Friday, June 15, 2007

Britains Got Talent

震惊,然后是感动,平凡的外表下,隐藏着超凡的才能,一个销售汽车电话的威尔士男人,像我们展示了奇迹的诞生!
"On June 9, 2007 he took part in Simon Cowell's new search-for-a-star show "Britain's Got Talent" on ITV1 which was held in Cardiffs Millennium Center. Paul sang Giacomo Puccini's "Nessun Dorma" and wowed the judges, and received a standing ovation from the 2,000-strong audience at the Millennium Center. After his performance he was offered three different record contracts by recording companies."
The song is called Nessun Dorma and is from Puccini's opera Turandot.

I think it's one of the most beautiful songs ever written, and this is a great rendition of it. I also liked how he talked about his confidence and how it's so important. Nice job sir.

Also if anyone is interested he's a translation of the lyrics.


The Prince:
Let no one sleep!... Let no one sleep! Even you, o Princess, in your cold room, watch the stars, that tremble with love and with hope.
But my secret is hidden within me, my name no one shall know... No!...No!... On your mouth I will tell it when the light shines.
And my kiss will dissolve the silence that makes you mine!...

The Chorus of women:
No one will know his name and we must, alas, die.

The Prince:
Vanish, o night! Set, stars! At dawn, I will win! I will win! I will win!
在此地址观看其视频:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0dzZTPWrSM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That man is amazing!!! I am speechless now after watching the show, and there was also a cute little girl-Conny who sang beautifully!Got to watch it. Moon

Unknown said...

只有等下班了,回去看。